The Proud and The Prejudiced

 
   Welcome back to my blog! Since my last blog post, I have been branching out of my comfort zone by reading a historical fiction for my AP title book. To my surprised I actually enjoyed the novel but I'll go into depth about it later. Another update involving my reading life is that I've been catching up on my anticipated recent released books for this year. For example, I finished one of my anticipated release book called Forever and Always, Lara Jean by Jenny Han. It was such a great ending to the triology and difinitely would reccomend as a light, easy summer read. As of this moment, I have read a total of 1,009 pages and the time spand of a few weeks and I'm proud of myself. Especially considering being respondible for school and extracurricular activities. I've been finding myself reading a lot more outside of class and that adds up so due to my calculations I read about 315 minutes a week including IRT.     


The iconic, infamous classic called Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen includes many memorable quotes such as "What are men to rocks and mountains?". But the quote that I want to disscuss and share my opinion on is "I must learn to be content with being happier than I deserve.". Often at times we as humans don't give ourselves enough credit for what we deserve nor do we provide ourselves with selfcare and selflove. Maybe it's the way we were taught to be selfless individuals and that selfishness is viewed as a sin that makes us view our selfworth lower. I interpret this quote as my happiness comes first before anyone's else and before and anything else. I'm gulity of this but sometimes I'm so caught up making others happy that I forget about myself. Which is foolish because if I can't seek happiness for myself, then how can I make others happy?

Comments

  1. This quote made me think about how i'm living my life as well. We shouldnt live our life to please others. Now that you're putting your happiness first, what aspects of your life will change?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thirteen Reasons Why

House of Complexions